Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Airport

Accra’s airport is called Kotoka. All main plane traffic in Ghana goes through this airport. I believe there is also airport in Kumasa, but can’t confirm it 100% atm.

We arrived to Accra late evening (around 11pm), I was too tired and excited to take any pictures of this place (now I doubt they would let me do so – it’s forbidden to take pictures of government buildings and facilities).

Kotoka airport is rather big one. Observing air traffic here in Accra I would even say its capacity is not fully used. Keeping in mind size of our “biggest” polish airport I’m glad they made it so big – less problems in the future. Airport itself it’s located about 40 minutes from center of Accra - good, new roads everywhere near it, so without traffic jams driving to the airport and from airport is rather nice and easy;). All main airlines fly to Accra, plus I have seen couple African airlines too.

If you are arriving or leaving from Ghana you will have to fill sort of registration form (only for non Ghana pplz I believe). It consists main information about you, place of stay in Accra (quite funny cuz you can provide only P.O. Box), also visa is required to come to Ghana (about 200 euros), yellow fever vaccine is obligatory too.

Anyway here is picture I made while passing Kotoka airport (yes it’s from inside of car) – you can see airport building in the distance:



4 Comments:

At 3:25 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Marcin!

Congradulations on your wedding and your new job, I have never known anyone to just up and leave their home and take a risk like this, I have enormous respect for you.

Good luck and keep updating.

Ps. What is the weather like in Ghana? Hot? Hot-Humid?

 
At 10:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) GL mate;;there is a load of new opportunityes ahead. :)

proud of people handling taff with raff life.

 
At 11:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was here...:P

 
At 3:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to visit you!!!!!!!
Zigi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home