Sunday, September 24, 2006

Inside home

As promised – we’re moving inside our home.

Before I will post pics I will try to tell more about housing in Accra. Basically you can divide it into three categories (all made by myself basing on my observations): modern, middle class and common.

Modern. This category includes typical buildings seen in modern cities – there are not many high buildings in Accra, but you can see office buildings and other, tall facilities being build everywhere. I would also add to this category high class villas – I guess they have to belong to most rich pplz in Accra.

Middle class – this would include our place. Not the biggest I saw, comfortable, spacious with everything man would need to live;). You can see them almost everywhere in Accra. Bigger, smaller, but as long as they are fenced (remember spikes on the walls?) I will include them to middle class. Middle class houses tend to be kind of show off for other ppl. This means I would build as big house as I can afford. Afford does not mean I have money for it. Everywhere you will find half finished buildings without roofs, windows or not even all walls. Anyway I find those finished ones really nice. They always have nice plants in the garden and generally I could use one of this as my own;). It’s also worth mentioning that many ppl have several of those and just rent them (side note: usually you have to pay for whole year to rent such house, I prices wary, but you can estimate that good placed one can be 300-500$ per month).

Common. I don’t know if word common is ok, but can’t find better one. This category includes all kinds of small houses made from wood, clay, bricks or any other materials but usually including only one or two rooms. Include also rentable houses of flats to this category. Such places can have common bathroom and only one place with running water. This kind of places can be found anywhere in Accra and I suppose all over Ghana.

I have been to 2 hotels too. This are extremely expensive places – 200 to over 500$ person/night. They have complexes of pools and really high quality equipment. Side note: you can buy ticket for whole day (about 100 000 CEDI) and use pools.

Anyway let’s see what’s inside our home:) Hope you will enjoy pics. I’m not including pics of our rooms – they still need more furniture, so when we will get them I will post pics. Few more information: all windows are protected with mosquito screens, furniture seen on pic with TV is made from bamboo, while big table is made from solid wood; roof above garden-inside-house has mosquito screen too. I will post later pics how things look like when it's raining.






7 Comments:

At 12:12 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG very Big Surprise :D

good luck

:)

 
At 12:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GL from me too :)

 
At 1:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what about with a rest rooms

 
At 1:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, I forget to sign about rooms)
Zigi

 
At 5:13 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

pani Ala sle pozdrowienia -ja po malu dostaje szalu bo pokazuje zdjecia kazdemu kto przyjdzie..

 
At 9:20 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice story and pics :D, Marc i wanna see bath and kitchen ;)

 
At 10:17 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zigi ask
plese bring me elephant and monkey i hipopotamka małego

 

Post a Comment

<< Home